4.01.2011

Pizza and Lawn Darts

Today was the warmest day of the year so far! T-shirts and flip-flops were definitely worn. :) It was wonderful!! I know this warm weather probably won't last because, let's be honest, Logan summers don't start until about June. It will probably be snowing again in a few days, but it's okay because today was great! Since Patrick and I were both at work or in school all day long, we decided to spend the evening at the park to enjoy the nice weather. We grabbed some pizza from Dominos and had a great time watching a group of young Freshman playing Ultimate Frisbee at the park while we ate. It was entertaining to say the least! Being a Freshman in college sure is an awkward time of life, isn't it?





After we ate, we played Lawn Darts! Awesome! Patrick happened upon this little gem at one of his recent DI trips. While it might be illegal in some states and definitely has some safety warnings on the labels, it rocked. And don't worry, we were as safe as we could possibly be.




And that's how it's done, folks. Patrick may have won that game, but you better believe I'm going to give him a run for his money next time. I think that this will become a regular activity for us this summer. We'd love to play with anyone else who is interested! It will, of course, be played in a nice open area free of small children to avoid this:




Don't worry that this was the second picture that came up in my Google search for "lawn darts." Disturbing? Yes. But I couldn't resist sharing it. I promise this won't happen to you if you play with us. I don't know about you, but I can't wait for summer! Summer, come faster please!

2 comments:

Val April 2, 2011 at 5:07 PM  

Yippee! I want to play!

Heather April 4, 2011 at 4:10 PM  

That looks like fun! We would totally be up for playing...if you only we lived closer :( I'm glad you are doing well! Love and miss you!!!