5.25.2010

Update!

Hey everyone! I feel like I've been a real blog slacker as of late. I just haven't had much to say i guess. Anyway, here's a little update about what we've been up to the last couple of weeks.



I GRADUATED!!! I can't believe I'm done with college! It's so exciting! Graduation was great. We spent the morning relaxing and getting ready. We had a fun pizza lunch and then headed off to the ceremony. I did my thing, received my diploma cover, and took some pictures. After, we all met up at Cafe Sabor for some delicious dinner! Thanks to all of our wonderful friends and family that came to support me!! I couldn't have done it without you!


Summer has been good to us so far. It's been full of relaxing, spending time together, hanging out with friends and family, and working. Patrick has been busy studying for the DAT (June 19 is the big day) and I have picked up a new hobby! I've decided to start crocheting!! I only started a week ago, but I LOVE it!! It's so much fun! I've already made one dishcloth and I'm in the process of making another. My ultimate goal is to make something like this:


or this:


Aren't they pretty?? Only problem is that I don't know how to change colors yet... Does anyone want to teach me how?? Or have any tips?? Let's hear from you crocheters out there!

And to end, here's a pretty picture I took a few days ago when I was down at temple square for a wedding:

7 comments:

Lynne May 27, 2010 at 9:20 AM  

Janet, these graduation pictures are great... as are the others. This entry is about all kinds of beautiful things. Love you, Mom.

Maria May 27, 2010 at 11:51 AM  

You're such a cutie! I have to admit I was thinking, "WOW! Janet really took off on her crocheting adventure!!" when I saw the pics of the afghans. :) hahaha I'm pretty sure my mom could teach you anything you want to know!! GO YOU! :) lovin you, Mer

sam and kyrsten May 28, 2010 at 2:57 PM  

WAY TO GO! i am so excited for you! you are so wonderful! i hope that now you get to do all sorts of wonderful things! the second afghan is beautiful! i wish i could help.. but have no talent or ability in the crocheting department! love you so so much!

Heather June 2, 2010 at 11:19 AM  

You're so awesome! I used to know how to crochet and I want to re-learn. I recently picked up knitting which is also a lot of fun! It's just so cool to look at something like that and know you made it! I miss you. Hope you're doing well!

Heather June 3, 2010 at 11:16 AM  

I got the vase at Sugar 'N' Spice. There's one in Providence next to Sears and there's one in Hyde Park just off Main Street. You should totally check it out! They have way cute stuff :)

Jenae June 7, 2010 at 7:56 AM  

It was good to see you, Patrick and your Mom at Jamie's house over Memorial Day weekend. You all look so good. I love your blog posts! (BTW, I know how to crochet so if you need help just let me know!)

Love ya lots!!

Patrick September 16, 2010 at 1:50 PM  

It's fun looking at your posts and realizing how gorgeous we actually are. It translates well to photographs, too.