3.10.2010

A Whole Lot of Random

Dear Spring Break,

We can't wait for you to come! Please come quickly!

Love,

Patrick and Janet

For Spring Break this year, Patrick and I are going here:















ST. GEORGE!! We cannot wait!! Patrick has never been to St. George, so it should be really fun! He's never been to any part of Southern Utah or seen red rock in real life! I can't wait to take him down there and show him around. It will be so nice to get away from the cold and go somewhere that's nice and warm! While we are down there, we are also going here:



















ZION NATIONAL PARK!! I love this place! It is so beautiful and breathtaking! We're excited to get to go on some fun hikes in such a gorgeous place. I've been to Zion several times, and it still takes my breath away anytime I go there! I just know Patrick will love it too! And last but not least, we are also going here:















BRYCE CANYON NATIONAL PARK!! I love this place too! One year, when I was a kid, my dad took me on a trip to Southern Utah. We went to 7 National Parks/State Parks in 6 days! It was so much fun! It was a lot of driving, but definitely one of my most memorable trips as a kid. One of our stops was Bryce Canyon. It is seriously one of my favorite places in Southern Utah! The rock formations are so unique and different. It's unlike anything I've ever seen before. If you haven't been there, you should go! It's totally worth it!


In other news, we have been busy decorating our house with cute new stuff. Here are some of the fun things we bought!


















We found this guy at Hobby Lobby and fell in love with him! He doesn't really match our other decor at all, but we thought he was cool and had to buy him!















We found these at Ross. They match our bedroom perfectly!


Last night, I went to Spoon Me with a dear friend of mine!















Heather and I have been friends for several years now. We are both studying Social Work, so we've had all of the same classes together. Well, this year, since life has been so crazy, we haven't seen much of each other, which is very sad if you ask me. It was so much fun to get together and catch up! I just love this girl!

Last but not least, have any of you seen this show?!



















Patrick and I just finished watching the first season of Pushing Daisies, and let me tell you, it was delightful! It's different from most shows out there. It has a really unique plot and very likable characters. We have thoroughly enjoyed it and think you will too! Thanks Margaret for letting us borrow it!

So this turned out to be a lot longer than I had planned. Thanks to all those who are still reading. I'll try not to be so random next time! To close this post, I want to leave you with a quote from my husband. Patrick was studying at the table last night and our upstairs neighbors were being quite noisy. To quote (said in a very matter-of-fact tone), "Shut up upstairs. I'm trying to get brilliant." :) I love him.

7 comments:

Maria March 11, 2010 at 8:28 AM  

Love all your posts! Crazy story about the deer--I almost wish he had bumped into you just a tiny bit--not injury worthy, but, "WHOA!" worthy! :) hahaha

Love the Patrick quote--he rocks. I wish I could hear his inner thoughts so that I could bust out things like that myself. :)

Love you two!!

Maria March 11, 2010 at 8:29 AM  

P.S. I'm hating that we're going to be in St. George two weeks apart. Lame. Next time we'll work that out better!!!

Lynne March 11, 2010 at 8:42 AM  

Patrick, I think you ARE brilliant. You married my daughter!!! Couldn't resist. Your camera is going to be so happy in southern Utah!

I'm loving your blog, Janet. It looks so fun, it almost makes me want to do one myself.

sam and kyrsten March 11, 2010 at 12:30 PM  

love you! your going to have such a fun spring break! and all the decor you bought is adorable! love the mask! :)

Seleta March 11, 2010 at 5:53 PM  

Great to hear about your fun married life! It is such a great adventure. I am excited to be able to see all the fun things you do!PS I LOVED your wedding pic- Jenae showed them to me! Just beautiful!

Heather March 12, 2010 at 9:18 AM  

I hope you have so much fun in St. George! I really think Patrick will like it. Thanks again for the girl's night! It was so good to see you :) Oh-and Patrick's quote=hilarious.

Devery March 19, 2010 at 6:39 AM  

Ahhhh looks like so much fun Janet! Look at you, taking trips to national parks, buying home decor, etc... :) Oh and yes I have watched Pushing Daisies-its so fun huh??